Parish History

 
md1xvb8uo90sz7iqh8lifxtohql.jpg

1849

Log church built under direction of Rev. Father Bonduel, near Duck Creek, 3.5 miles northwest of Fort Howard in front of the Howard House. The Indian cemetery next to the church became the parish cemetery. The community's oldest settlers were French Canadian. They were served by a missionary priest, Fr. Turcotte, who became the first resident priest.