St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Howard, Wisconsin

Masses: Sat. 4:30 pm - Sun. 8 am and 10 am

HOME

PARISH CONTACTS

FAITH FORMATION
   Churchtime
   Youth Ministry
   High School
   Adult

MINISTRIES
   Liturgical
   Music
   Parish Life
   Pastoral
   Schedules

Sacrament Preparation
   First Reconciliation /
            Eucharist

   Confirmation
   Other

CEMETERY

PARISH HISTORY

School - Grace - Scrip

Join our Parish

Contact Pastoral Council

 
St. Leo's School

St. Leo's School: 1888 - 1949
St Leo's School about 1895

Picture taken in the mid 1890s

The Parish School opened it's doors to children on October 2, 1888. The school was named St. Leo's in honor of the pope of the time, Pope Leo XIII.

On October 1, 1889, St. Leo's School was officially dedicated by Bishop Katzen, the third bishop of Green Bay.

The Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, Manitowoc, staffed the school from 1889-1895. Four sisters taught 110 students.

Return to Timeline

 
Copyright © 2016 St. John the Baptist Church
All rights reserved